Many college students set out to find corporate internships for the summer with hopes of gaining experience, making connections and preparing for life after college.
But what if there was another opportunity that helps students develop sought after soft skills, gives them an edge for the next step in their career—and happens to be a lot of fun?
Working at summer camp provides incredible opportunities for driven college students to grow into leaders. Emerging adults just need a space to practice and hone the skills employers are seeking.
Research on Google’s top employees showed characteristics for success are:
- Being a good coach
- Learning to communicate and listen well
- Possessing insights into others (including others with different values and points of view)
- Having empathy toward and being supportive of one’s colleagues
- Being a critical thinker and problem solver
- Being able to make connections across complex ideas 
Camp is a place where all of these soft skills can be forged. No matter what role you might hold at camp, you will have responsibilities. Others will look to you to step up and make the call. You will be an influencer, a leader and a team player. There are few environments that can produce such a range of skills and breadth of experiences like camp. Make the most of your summer, and apply at FindACampJob.com.